Thursday, December 6, 2012

If I ruled the Grammy's

The Grammy nominees are all here
  • Everyone is wondering how did Taylor Swift’s “We are Never Ever Getting Back Together” got nominated. I agree. There are so many better pop songs they could have chosen. Even Demi Lovato’s “Give Your Heart a Break” would have been a better choice. It is just sad. I hope Swift doesn’t rule the Grammy’s in 2014 (I know - too early to care but I do). Her album, “Red”, has about 4-5 good songs out of 16. Well it feels like it has 16 songs. I should know, I have listened to it several times and I’m so disappointed in it.
  • I’m glad Fun. got the recognition they deserved.
  • I’m shocked they noticed: Kelly Clarkson & Tamia. Kelly made a decent pop album and I love when good pop gets recognized by the academy. I had forgotten it qualified since it came out in 2011. I hope this means a huge bump in sells for her. Tamia’s album is good but not great. It is definitely worth a listen if you like R&B.
  • Melanie Fiona’s album is awesome and should have gotten more nominations. I would have nominated one of her singles as “song of the year”.
  • Who should have been nominated but got screwed: Bob Dylan, Dave Matthews Band, Emily Wells, Demi Lovato, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals and Lana Del Rey. I could probably name more. (I’m not sure Bob Dylan made the deadline).
  • I’m so glad I’m not the only person who doesn’t think John Mayer’s latest was the greatest album of the year. It didn’t get one nomination. That’s harsh since the Academy loves him but I don’t think “Born & Raised” is that good.
  • Overall, I thought they did a decent job. Nothing too out there was nominated (besides Swift). And people get overlooked every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment