Sunday, April 24, 2011

John Mayer concert

(Published on: Sep 26, 2010 @ 3:57)

[caption id="attachment_328" align="alignright" width="176" caption="John in VA Beach 7/2010"][/caption]I'm sooooooo late with this entry. I attended the John Mayer/Guster concert on July 18th. It was the best concert I've ever been to...musically. It was my second best concert experience. (Hootie in '99 stilll #1. That was sorta my first. lol). I don't know what to say about the actual concert. I just decided to post because I'm excited about music again. (Sidenote: I 100% take back that Nina recommendation below). But first I had to post about JM.

Just read every fan's Mayer concert review. DITTO. blah. blah. Happy blahs. :) I'm thinking about going to see him every summer. But I only go to 1-2 concerts a year. So it depends on who else is on tour.

My favorite parts of the concert were him letting the audience (me too!) pretty much sing all of Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'", his banter and the best was War of My Life. I hate to admit this but I always thought of WAR as an album track...until I went to that concert. What he said during the song really resonated with me. For the next 2 months, whenever I would have a bad day I would listen to WAR. I love when a concert experience changes my feelings of a song.



The setlist:
01: Chest Fever -> Vultures
02: Crossroads
03: No Such Thing
04: Ain’t No Sunshine
05: War of My Life
06: Heartbreak Warfare
07: Waiting on the World to Change vs Perfectly Lonely
08: Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
09: Who Says
10: Do You Know Me
11: Raspberry Beret
12: Good Love Is On The Way
13: Thank Yous
14: Half of My Heart -> Don’t Stop Believing
15: Encore
16: My Stupid Mouth (acoustic)
17: Why Georgia (acoustic)
18: Edge of Desire



John Mayer VA Beach

Music recommendations coming in 2 weeks or less. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment