Sunday, January 15, 2012

My top 23 albums of 2011

23. Joss Stone - LP1

Download: Drive All Night

22. LeAnn Rimes - Lady & Gentlemen
This album is mostly obscure country covers. I fell in and out of love with this album quickly. It is good but I have to be in a certain mood to listen to it. Her voice can still give me chills.
Download: Help Me Make It Through the Night

21. Vanessa Carlton - Rabbits On The Run
Download: I Don't Want to Be A Bride

20. Selena Gomez & The Scene - When The Sun Goes Down
One of my workout albums of 2011. Fun pop music.
Download: My Dilemma

19. Gavin DeGraw - Sweeter

Download: Not Over You

18. Colbie Caillat - All of You
All of You is 10x better than her last album. I listened to this a lot to prepare for my year end list and I ended up liking it more. It probably should be ranked higher than 18...
Download: Dream Life, Life

17. Elliott Yamin - Gather Around (Not released in the United States)
He still has the voice.
Download: Deserted

16. Amos Lee - Mission Bell
Initially I was so disappointed in Mission Bell. However, once again I started listening to it again and I get why the fans love it. I still think his other albums are superior.


Download: Windows Are Rolled Down

15. Ximena SariƱana - Ximena SariƱana


This is her first english album. I thought it would get nominated for a Grammy this year but it was ignored. She has won Latin Grammys before. Anyhow I was supposed to see her in concert this year but something came up at the last minute. Great lyrics but something is missing in her voice. Download: Bringing Us Down


14. Matt Nathanson - Modern Love
Adult pop music.
Download: Run (Feat. Jennifer Nettles And Kristian Bush)

13. Laura Marling - A Creature I Don't Know
folk music with an edge
Download: Sophia

12. Christina Perri - Lovestrong
I want to hear more from her.


11. Lykke Li - Wounded Rhymes
Download: I Follow Rivers

10. Britney Spears - Femme Fatale

Download: Criminal

9. Rachael Yamagata - Chesapeake


Wow, she channels her inner Fiona Apple on some of these songs. She can't make a bad record.

Download: Miles on a Car

8. Beyonce - 4
I never thought I would have Beyonce on a top albums list. Her solo albums -as a whole- have been so bad. But 4 is different. I'm surprised at how many bad reviews this album has. I truly don't get it. This is as real as a R&B album you will ever get from her. I guess people want the pop/R&B Beyonce?
Download: Countdown

7. Lights - Siberia
Lights is a solo Canadian artist. Her music is probably best described as electro-pop. But don't get the wrong idea. I can't recommend trying this album enough.


  6. Amy Winehouse - Lioness: Hidden Treasures
I heard "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?" and immediately brought the album. A must have for Amy fans. Some of the songs are different version of songs from her previous albums. Others are covers.
Download: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?

5. Miranda Lambert - Four the Record

This album probably would have been ranked higher if I had a chance to listen to it more before doing this list. I'm just starting to fall in love with it.

Download: Mama's Broken Heart

4. Demi Lovato - Unbroken

This is my first Lovato album. I listened to Unbroken more than any album on this list. It lived in my car, I took it to work, I worked out to it. Love it! Download: Fix A Heart

3. Kelly Clarkson - Stronger [Deluxe Edition]
I have to recommend buying the deluxe version over the regular. For some reason some of the best songs, aren't included on the regular version. The record company always manages to mess up her releases somehow.
Download: I Forgive You

2. Kate Voegele - Gravity Happens
She's baaaaaack! Kate was my #1 album of the year with her last album. She is one of my favorite song writers and her voice is pretty good too.
Download: Gravity Happens

1. Adele - 21
Very original pick for #1. I know. :)
Download: The whole album

No comments:

Post a Comment