Sunday, April 24, 2011

more like her

(2010/11/06 - Published)

I don’t know much about these country music awards...which ones matter more to the people in the industry. I’m just glad that finally Miranda Lambert is getting the attention/respect/sales she deserves! She writes her own music. I wish I could see her in concert now. When I saw her she was opening for that Aldean guy. LOL. I didn’t even stay to see him. I knew from the start that she was special. The first time I saw her on that country idol type show (?), I fell in love. Congrats to Miranda!





I’ve listened to the latest Sugarland album a few times. It is devoid of depth, filled with mediocre lame “inspirational” lyrics but surprisingly listenable. I guess they will never be as good as their debut. I wish Kristen H. had never left the band. It is apparent she wrote MOST of the lyrics.

I was going to say that I’m not surprised that Taylor Swift’s “Speak Now” sold over a million copies. She was everywhere so I expected at least 600k in sales. But considering her last album “Fearless” wasn’t that good, I am kinda surprised. I must be the only person who doesn’t get that album at all. IMO, it had 3 good tracks. I’m not a hater. I loved her first album. I haven’t heard much of “Speak”. I have heard “Dear John” and it is growing on me.

EDIT: I've listened to Speak Now. Like it! :) The best decision she made was to not use co-writers like she did on "Fearless". I love Mean, Enchanted & Better Than Revenge. Btw, the album is not country at all but I like pop-rock.

Some good country

Mindy Smith - One Moment More



I'm also enjoying Lori McKenna. I can't find her stuff on youtube. Check out her song Confetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment