Sunday, April 24, 2011

top albums of 2010

I haven't posted my top albums of 2010 because my list kinda sucks. I didn't pay much attention to what was released in '10. My #1 pick was a shock to me too. ;) But here is my lame list:

My Top 5 Albums of 2010(revised)

6. Kanye West- My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (honorable mention)

5. Robyn- Body Talk



4. Sara Bareilles - Kaleidoscope Heart

3. Tracey Thorn - Love and Its Opposite



2. Christina Aguilera - Bionic

1. Taylor Swift - Speak Now






I never thought I would go back to being a Taylor Swift fanatic. I loved her first album and then I was disappointed by everything else...until now. This is more of an emotional pick but even if I'm 100% objective, I have to say Taylor's album is pop perfection. I miss really good pop music.

I lived with "Speak Now" from November 2010 - January 2011. I listened to it everyday and everywhere. It was where I was in my life at that time. Now it is sort of hard to listen to. (Told you this was an emotional pick!). I don't want to go back to December. December and January sucked for me. I want to go back to January 2010. But I can't and this is a music blog.

"Dear John" is the weakest track on the album but it has its moments. "Haunted" gives me chills. "Better Than Revenge" is the best pop track. If you love pop, try Speak Now. Her lyrics are better. The new "rifts" she does with her voice sold me. (I know "But can she do that live?" blah blah).

The Grammy's are this Sunday. I thought I didn't care until some station (E!) showed Miranda Lambert rehearsing and I got very pissed. I guess I do care. I don't want to see rehearsals or know too much. I don't care who wins (besides Miranda Lambert, of course!) because my peeps didn't get nominated. How could Tracey Thorn make every critics best list but get ZERO nominations? That doesn't make sense. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment